You are receiving this email because you are an active member at ItsMyRun.com.
Welcome to ItsMyRun.com first newsletter, don't worry these will not come out too often only when I have new features to talk about.
Shoe Mileage Tracking
- This will simply allow you to track your shoe usage, when you bought them, mileage ...
- To use it follow the Shoe Summary link add your shoes then as you add runs select the shoes you used in the drop down list.
- Go back to the Shoe Summary link to monitor the progress.
Run Feel Indicators
- This is a visual tool, when you look at a months worth of runs it's hard to tell if each run was according to plan or not.
- I've selected 11 'Run Feelings' to associate with each run, each of them have their own smilie to represent the run.
- Green smilies for positive runs, Yellow for not so good runs and Red for the bad days.
- Here is a list of the Indicators I've set up and how I would define them, you may feel different, it's just a base line to start with.
- Fast - - Feeling great able to run planned pace easily and ran faster then expected. Once in a while this is fine if you are doing this on a regular basis your training plan maybe set to slow, or you may be hurting the rest of your training runs that week by going out to fast on this one.
- Strong - - Pace felt good, able to maintain a even pace, form was exceptional.
- Great - - Everything was flowing nicely, felt like a good workout and you met all the challenges to your expectations.
- Fun - - Just a joy to be out there today everything was good.
- OK - - Did my workout, close enough to plan, nothing to write home about, might have been a bit harder then expected to maintain pace today.
- Unmotivated - - No real problems with running or pace, just wasn't into in mentally.
- Tired - - Either from prior hard run or not enough sleep, either hard to keep pace or just couldn't.
- Slow - - No idea why but just couldn't stay at the pace I wanted to today.
- Sore - - Likely expected from after a hard run or race.
- Sick - - Probably shouldn't have run anyway, but this is why my run wasn't up to expectations.
- Bad - - Should have stayed on the couch, didn't enjoy this at all, legs not connected to brain.
- With these visual indicators you can review your month of training and if it's full of Green great if there are a lot of Reds and Yellows, then maybe look back at your nutrition, recovery or training plan prior to those runs to tweak your next month/week back into the Green.
Recent Smaller Updates
- Profile change indicator, shows that you have changed your profile, maybe new goals or updated goals
- Fancy notes that pop up when your mouse rolls over the link for easier reading.
- For future races, the city name links to a weather site for you to monitor the upcoming weather.
- Disabled List (DL) indicator, other members can know why you have stopped running.
- Cross Training logging, when adding a new run select 'Cross Training' in the Run Type drop down and it will be loggged and summed up seperately from your other running/walking data. DeValera and Dgrant have already started using this feature for examples.
I add stuff because I think it is useful, but maybe it's not so useful or user friendly for everyone, if you have any comments, feedback or find something that just isn't working correctly please email me. The more input I get the better this site can be for everyone.
Anyone that hasn't been to the site for a while, come on back and see what's new.
To remove yourself from this email list login to ItsMyRun.com and choose 'No' for the Newsletter option in your Profile or email email@example.com and ask to have your email address removed from this list.